Outcomes of Discharged Patients With a Stoma
Wang, Q., Wang, J., Zhao, J., Huo, X., Wu, L., Yang, L., & Li, J. (2018). Effects of a home care mobile app on the outcomes of discharged patients with a stoma: A randomised controlled trial. Journal of Clinical Nursing (John Wiley & Sons, Inc.), 27(19–20), 3592–3602. https://doi-org.ezproxy.csu.edu.au/10.1111/jocn.14515 Outcomes of Discharged Patients With a Stoma
Some nursing practice may be based on tradition or ritualised practice. Being able to critically evaluate a research article will help you to, firstly, identify the best available evidence to put into practice; and secondly, identify a study’s readiness to be used in nursing practice.
You are required to critically appraise one of the research articles from the list provided on the subject’s Interact2 site. Through this assessment task you are required to use a systematic approach to objectively review a piece of research, and highlight the strengths and weaknesses of the research study. You must also reference your work using APA 6th referencing style. Use as many references as you need to support your argument. Outcomes of Discharged Patients With a Stoma
How should you proceed?
1. Read through the research article several times.
2. You may come across words or statistical data language that are new to you. Take notes of those words and find the meaning to understand them and the concept of the study.
3. Check for rigour and readiness of the research for use in nursing practice.
4. For more information on understanding the article, visit the links provided on the subject’s Interact2 site.
The critique of the your chosen research article may consist of (without being limited to) the following headings:
d. Literature Review.
e. Methodology/ sample/ethics.
f. Data collection strategies.
g. Data analysis/ results/ findings.
h. Discussion/ limitation/ conclusion. Outcomes of Discharged Patients With a Stoma
1) Literature review. Do you now understand this topic and know why more information is needed on it? Why or why not? Consider things like:
- The depth (i.e. the details) and breadth (i.e. the overview) in the literature review.
- The adequacy of the rationale for why this study was needed.
2) Methods. Do you think the components of the methods listed below were the best suited in answering the study’s research questions? Why or why not? Address each of the following elements: Outcomes of Discharged Patients With a Stoma