Nurse Practitioner Practice and its Impact on Health Outcomes.
Degree level MSN FNP
- Review the elements included in PICOT questions to guide evidence-based nursing practice.
- Respond to the questions below using the .
- Using a minimum of 3 scholarly nursing sources, current within 5 years:
- Identify and describe one practice-related issue or concern. You may choose to build on the practice issue you identified in NR500NP/NR501NP.
- Explain why the issue/concern is important to nurse practitioner practice and its impact on health outcomes. Nurse Practitioner Practice and its Impact on Health Outcomes.
- Describe each element of your PICOT question in one or two sentences, being sure to address all of the following:
- P-Population and problem– What is the nursing practice concern or problem and whom does it affect?
- I–Intervention– What evidence-based solution for the problem would you like to apply?
- C–Comparison– What is another solution for the problem? Note that this is typically the current practice, no intervention at all, or alternative solutions.
- O–Outcome– Very specifically, how will you know that the intervention worked? Think about how you will measure the outcome.
- T–Time frame– What is the Timeframe involved for the EBP initiative or the target date of completion?
- Construct your PICOT question in the standard PICOT question format (narrative) and define each letter separately, such as: Nurse Practitioner Practice and its Impact on Health Outcomes.
- P =
- I =
- C =
- O =
- T =
- PICOT question written in full =
- Abide by the Chamberlain College of Nursing Academic Integrity Policy.
- At the graduate level, we like to see you synthesizing your ideas into your own words. No direct quotes may be used in this worksheet.
- Use APA formatting guidelines for references and citations. Nurse Practitioner Practice and its Impact on Health Outcomes.