Informal Caregivers and the Healthcare system discussion
LP9.2 Assignment: Fact Sheet Brochure
Objective of the Fact Sheet Brochure:
To provide high school students with an overview of the Canadian healthcare system with a fact sheet brochure.
Scenario: You work for the Department of Health. You have been given the task of designing an informational brochure or fact sheet, which will provide high school students with a broad, general knowledge base about the Canadian Health Care system. It will become part of a series of brochures entitled “Introduction to Canadian Industry.” Each brochure in this series will briefly touch on a different major Canadian industry and will used as a supplementary instruction tool for General Business classes in high schools across the country. Informal Caregivers and the Healthcare system discussion
Formatting Specifics/General Information:
• The brochure must fill both sides of a standard 8” x 11” sheet of paper.
• Set your brochure up in either the portrait or landscape format – either page layout orientation will be able to provide facts on the front and back sides of the paper.
• NOTE: The landscape orientation can be folded into a 3-panel brochure.
• Name your fact sheet or brochure the following: Introduction to the Canadian Healthcare Industry.
• Use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Use font no smaller than 10 pt.
• You may use a brochure template provided it can be opened in Microsoft word or as a PDF file.
• Remember you will be focusing on high school students who may not have any information about the Canadian healthcare system. Informal Caregivers and the Healthcare system discussion
• A summary of the evolution of the Canadian health care system from its roots until today
• A description of major characteristics of the Canadian health care system as a whole
• A listing and brief explanation of major types of health care professionals
• A listing and brief explanation of the major types of the following health care settings or structures: a. outpatient care; b. hospitals: c. hospices; d. long-term care.
• An explanation of 2-3 challenges and/or opportunities the health care industry is facing in its environment today. You may wish to select your challenges/opportunities from the following list:
o conflicting self-interests of multiple players
o imperfect market condition
o maintaining the public trust
o changes in Medicare
o emerging medical technology
o dealing with regulations and/or accreditation
o other topics from our learning in this course that you believe are crucial Informal Caregivers and the Healthcare system discussion
• A generalization of the impact of government legislation or health policy on the health care system.
• This is a no-nonsense government style publication, so only the facts need to be provided.
• Artwork and graphics are not part of the grading criteria.
• You may however feel free to use various fonts and print sizes/styles, bullets etc. This would assist in clarifying and give variety to the appearance of the brochure.
You should use the terminology of the textbook whenever it is appropriate, but still write the brochure using your own words as much as possible. DO NOT use entire sentences of direct word-for-word quotations out of the textbook. YOU are to be the author of this brochure based on what you have learned from this class. (Plagiarism policies and APA standards apply)
Below is a sample outline that provides you with a foundation to begin constructing your project. This outline sets up the subheadings for the required six components of your fact sheet/brochure: Informal Caregivers and the Healthcare system discussion
The Canadian Health Care System
6. Health Policy
As with your essays, follow these instructions:
• Name your file using the first initial of your first name, followed by your full last name and the title of the assignment (e.g., JDoe LP9.2 Fact Sheet Brochure).
• Post your file before Sunday at midnight.
• Errors in spelling, grammar, or punctuation will result in point deductions for the sections of the brochure in which they appear. You are graded according to the following scale and criteria:
Available: Monday, March 11, 2019 12:00 AM MDT – Sunday, March 17, 2019 11:30 PM MDT.
Must post first.
With an aging population, informal caregivers increasingly must provide care for older family members. Almost 17% of these caregivers report stress related to this role. In your discussion post, answer the following questions: Do you think the use of informal caregivers is important to keeping down the costs of caring for older Canadians? What supports do you think the health care system could or should provide to these caregivers?
You must start a thread before you can read and reply to other thread Informal Caregivers and the Healthcare system discussion