Harold Washington College People with Disabilities Questions
Using the internet, find the official rules and regulations for the Individuals with Disability Education Act and the American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA). Using these sources, answer the 5 following questions listed below. Cite from the above references for the specific regulations that support your answer. Your answer should state (1) yes or no, (2) your rationale for your answer, (3) which law applies and why, and (4) a specific citation from the relevant law. Submit to Dropbox by the posted deadline. Harold Washington College People with Disabilities Questions
1. Can a wheelchair-confined paraplegic be legally hired for a public school athletic training position?
2. Can a regular classroom teacher (elementary school) be made responsible for the physical education program of a student with a disability?
3. If you were an athletic trainer at a public university and you lost your vision in a car accident, could your employer terminate you because of this acquired disability?
4. Must physical education be in the IEP of all students with disabilities?
5. Do the provisions of the law apply to children who are obese, malnourished, possess low levels of physical fitness, or have a poor level of motor development? Harold Washington College People with Disabilities Questions