ENG 122 University of Arizona Drug Administration Discussion
In this course, you have learned about the naming of drugs, drug classification, intended purpose, effects on the body and side effects. In this assignment, you will be summarizing other key factors regarding medication administration and related health record documentation. Prepare a four- to five-page paper in which you: ENG 122 University of Arizona Drug Administration Discussion
- Explain the “six rights” of medication administration.
- Review the Joint Commission official “do not use” list of abbreviations.
- Select three examples, and explain why the abbreviation is not to be used.
- Describe and provide two examples of the drug form for each of the following:
- Enteral drug administration
- Topical drug administration
- Parenteral drug administration
- Explain pharmacokinetics.
- In your own words, explain what pharmacokinetics is.
- Explain the four processes of pharmakinetics (absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion).
- Pharmacodynamics focuses on what the drugs do to the body. In your own words, explain receptor, theory, agonist, antagonist, potency, and efficacy. ENG 122 University of Arizona Drug Administration Discussion